Embracing Botanical Blooms (In The Cold)

Ok, it's freezing cold and all I really want to do is begin wearing my spring/summer 2016 finds. Frustrating. It's just not practical to be zipping around town in lightweight dresses and skirts (although there's an abundance of them in the shops right now) and so I'm all about finding ways to work the new collections into my 'now' wardrobe. 
Jumper, £42 Topshop
Dress (underneath), £120 Warehouse
Bag, £480 Elizabeth and James at Very Exclusive

For example, take Warehouse's floral botanical silk dress. Beautiful, but too flimsy to wear if you value your immune system!  By adding a Topshop jumper on top, hey presto, a big hit of spring print becomes cosy.  It's a fast track way to feeling like you're dipping a toe in the new season trends, without forfeiting comfort. 

These beautiful blooms are sprouting up everywhere at the moment, with Warehouse owning the vivid, arty spin. Be sure to check out the slightly shorter shift dress coming in at a more purse friendly £45, it's not silk but the print does the talking here anyway. There's a silk blouse and sheer button up shirt too, both equally stunning. 



Back to that Topshop jumper. I must say, I'm really impressed with the knitwear Topper's is producing, it feels like they're really tapping into the fact that it's February and all we really want to do is pull on a toasty jumper in the (icy) mornings. Every time I stop into the flagship London store, there's more and more spot on knitwear to lap up and this is the ultimate find in my book, due to the tactile fringed finish. I just LOVE me a bit of fringing. It's fun, adds interest, and turns a rather basic funnel neck jumper into something a little bit wow.


For day I've been adding a further layer (usually a robe coat or thick leather jacket and chunky scarf), and for evening outfits, I ditch the tights and switch in Zara's off-white leather ankle boots. They are literally the softest, comfiest boots I've had in yonks, and seem to be getting more supple along the way. Big fan of these! The black ones I'm wearing are Asos and have sold out but New Look has a similar pair.

Boots, £69.99 Zara