Statement Weekend Layers

When it gets to the weekend my main aim is to switch off wardrobe-wise. The working week takes me out on numerous meetings at locations where denim and trainers is usually a step too far, so at the weekends when I'm chilling out and visiting my favourite local haunts the kicks come out as standard. My favourite pair right now? Nike's Roshe's.  
Trainers (black and white version), £70 Nike at Schuh

While it looks like my colour has sold out, the black and white model is a classic, and on the hit list next. 

As much as I love wrapping up in huge winter coats when it's this cold, sometimes for ease I like nothing more than just throwing on a trusty leather jacket with denim. Most of mine are from Mint Velvet FYI, they do the best supple, well made leather jackets around. The trouble is, no leather jacket is going to cut it in January when it comes to insulation.

That's where faux fur queen Helen Moore comes in. I must admit when I first discovered Helen Moore's statement scarves I wasn't instantly sold, I think for fear of looking too stand out. Plunging for the rainbow finish, it then stayed in my wardrobe for months until one evening on my way out I substituted my coat for it and then the penny dropped. Such a cosy piece that attracts so many complements, I was hooked. In fact now I don't even check it into cloakrooms for fear it will be stolen and I'd never find a replacement in these colours. It really is like wearing a hot water bottle, and makes even the thinnest jacket totally January-proof.  

Shop more keep-cosy weekend layers: 



My final layering find comes from Club Monaco, which has always been my first stop on the shopping circuit when visiting America.  At last there is now a few stores in London, and you should absolutely visit one because Club Monaco are real pro's at knitwear, particularly cashmere.  My fingerless cashmere gloves are last season, but a similar new season style is available in black tweed and heather grey.


Have a great weekend everyone, whatever you're getting up to!