Beat The Chill Stripes And Boots

Ski jacket, Descente
Striped jumper, (old season, similar at MiH)
Jeans, Oasis 
Boots, Marks and Spencer (sold out, shop my edit below)
Scarf, Gucci at Net-a-porter

Hands up who's cold. There's a bite in the air, it's been snowing and at last we're getting use of our heavy coats and outerwear. A recent discovery and new to London, Descente has just hit Carnaby Street, and its ski jackets are the perfect blend of practical and smart for strolls around the city's parks. I haven't been skiing for years, and have no plans to go anytime soon, but this coat needn't be saved for the slopes when styled with weekend denim and chunky boots. 


I took mine to Wimbledon for a mooch nearby the common, and teamed it with another winter staple I keep reaching for,  my trusty breton striped jumper. Everyone has the cotton or jersey version in their wardrobe, and it's a no brainer to invest in this perennial in knitwear form too. My old fave is from M&S and is no longer available, but find my current season edit of the best out there below. Topped with my new favourite Gucci scarf (a birthday present), I just love the expensive quality this camel colour lends any outfit. 


Shop my edit of winter boots and stripy jumpers:


And when you're in London and get less than an inch of snow on the ground (if you're lucky) it isn't always necessary to run straight for the wellies... Especially if they're chucked in the cupboard under the stairs and you can't locate them for love nor money. An equally practical Chelsea style boot will beat any snow, rain or mud encountered, and still feels smart enough if the need to pop into a nice boutique or pub along the way should arise.