When I first began planning our wedding I instantly knew it had to be by the seaside, and so choosing a theme for our handmade wedding invitations was pretty quick and easy.
I grew up in a seaside town where the beach was only ever a five minute stroll away and days out at the beach hut were the norm. That coupled with the fact my fiance proposed on the beach at sunset meant that nautical was always going to be the natural way to go for us.
The Save The Dates
- Handwritten by my lovely mum with a fountain pen and blue ink on Smythson Bond Street Blue notecards.
- The English Stamp Company
make bespoke stamps where you can create any message you need from 'Please Save The Date' to 'We're getting hitched'.
- Royal Mail's website stock a diverse collection of stamps, don't just settle for standard red and blue when there are beauties like this Welsh floral design on offer.
- Pressed flowers are a great, cost effective way to make something have that instant handmade look.
- Shells, picked up on holiday in Cape Verde (where we got engaged) as a nod to the seaside theme.
- Added on top, a book sleeve designed by a friend containing all the vital information.
- Pressed flowers were scattered on top and then blue and white butchers string tied like a parcel to finish.
- Inside contains a menu and map of the location and a little history of landmarks within walking distance of the wedding venue.
The original inspiration, thank you Mulberry!