Paris & Patchwork Jeans


My trip to Paris Fashion Week may have been fleeting (overnight) but I certainly crammed a lot in. 

After checking in at the Westin Hotel for H&M Studio's autumn/winter 2014 showcase, I headed to my favourite concept store Merci to buy lamps for my house.

Next, a dinner meet in the hotels restaurant where I enjoyed scallops marinated in lime, tangy carrot mousse and roe pearls to start, followed by beef hanger steak with choron butter and grenailles potatoes preserved with thyme. Delicious.   



The show, a model spectacular - Joan Smalls, Malaika Firth, Lindsey Wixson, Izabel Goulart - set in Paris's Grand Palais showcased slip dresses, statement jackets, velvet, embroidery and patchwork.
The next day at a small press preview I saw the collection up close and had a chance to chat with H&M's Head of Design, Ann-Sofie Johannsson. 

"Effortless, charming and always ready for the night, I love the bohemian spirit and these pieces should be worn with attitude," she told me. "I liked the idea of models running between nightclubs in their slip dresses. There's definnitely a bit of 90s Kate Moss in there!"




My Paris uniform? Well, I've been living in my patchwork jeans all fashion month. 

In Paris, they looked great dressed down with slip on trainers for travelling and walking about. Then for meeting with H&M's design team, a leopard heel and statement jacket worked well. 

Find my edit of high street and designer patchwork jeans below. 


10 best patchwork jeans online now...







Share